Everyone finds an occupation to their liking. Some people like to mess around with cars or bikes in the garage, others spend a lot of time playing computer games or mobile pokies for real money, and some people do not see life without playing sports. Some sports represent a serious danger to health and even life. Meet – the most dangerous sports – TOP-10.
10th place – rafting
Surveying of the most dangerous sports, we will start with the last meta, on which rafting is located. Not all visitors to our site are familiar with this sport. It is an alloy on rafts (small rafts) along mountain rivers. The most dangerous here are the rapids, which are divided into five categories according to the level of complexity. If you want to go rafting, it is worth remembering about the potential danger to health, and sometimes life.
Here are some of the most common dangerous situations in this sporting discipline:
- Injury – when a raft crashes into a stone at high speed or it is not possible to pass the threshold well, you can get a strong bruise, fracture or even lose consciousness.
- Siphon – by this word understand the obstacle, when the flow completely leaves under the rock. If a person has landed in a siphon, where it has jammed, the chances of saving become minimal.
- Hitching – the greatest danger is a hitch on the swift current. When trying to get on the feet of an athlete covers with water and a great risk of drowning.
Getting under a raft is quite a frequent situation during rafting and it’s important not to start panicking.
9th place – surfing
About surfing is known to many and on TV it seems very fascinating. Professional surfers travel the planet in search of the biggest waves. Of course, this sport forces the body to throw out large doses of adrenaline. Perhaps you think that there is nothing dangerous in surfing, and you are mistaken.
Let’s look at the most dangerous situations that are not uncommon in this sport:
- Dangerous injuries to the head and limbs – as surfing is associated with the conquest of high waves, it is believed and not without reason. One of the most dangerous sports. If the athlete could not keep on the board, then a strong wave could well hit him on the bottom.
- Sharks – professionals seldom pay attention to their safety and can be in the places where these bloodthirsty predators hunt.
- Adrenaline addiction – all sports that are associated with the release of adrenaline can be considered dangerous. A person quickly becomes accustomed to the sensations that cause high doses of this hormonal substance and after that is no longer able to stop.
8th place – football
It may seem strange, because almost all the boys in football play in different countries of the planet. However, this contact sport and professional football players are often injured. Scientists have conducted a study and found that during one season, players receive an average of 200 injuries of varying severity. Even minor damage was taken into account, for example, bruises and abrasions.
It should also be recalled about other dangerous factors that trap players on the field:
- Death is not uncommon when the body does not withstand the loads and the athlete dies during training or even during the match. First of all, it concerns the cardiovascular system.
- Injuries from heavy objects – football fans are known for their aggressive actions and athletes can suffer from the objects thrown by fans.
- Head injuries – in the air fight for the ball, there is often a collision of the head of two players, as a result of possible concussions of the brain of varying severity.
7th place – hockey
Another very popular sport in our country, the high traumatically of which is well known. And hockey in this matter is much superior to football. Very often the teeth of hockey players suffer. The thrown washer flies at high speed, and even a protective kappa is not always able to prevent injuries. All fans of hockey are waiting for brawls between hockey players, as they consider them one of the elements of the game. However, this can lead to various dissections or concussion of the brain. It is not necessary to talk about how serious the injury may be, after the player’s encounter with the harbor. In hockey, situations are not uncommon when an athlete can not leave the site himself.
6th place – rock climbing
This is quite an entertaining sport, but it is extremely dangerous. Surely you also understand the dangers of a climber. If you start them all, then it will take a long time. On such trifles as abrasions and bruises, most athletes do not even pay attention. But there is no need to forget that there is always a risk of falling. Another dangerous factor is the lack of prompt assistance.
5th place – rodeo
This sport is very popular only in some countries of the world. However, this fact does not reduce the danger of rodeo for a person. According to statistics, about 80 thousand injuries, including fatalities, are recorded in this sport over the course of the year. Imagine what statistics could be if the rodeo was as popular as, for example, football! Only to sit on the back of a bull you need to have great courage.
4th place – diving
This is a very popular sport, which provides an opportunity to contemplate the beauty of the underwater world and even with a lucky coincidence to communicate with the “local residents.” Unfortunately, sometimes such meetings can become lethal.
Among the main dangerous factors, we note:
- Marine predators – the underwater world is indescribably beautiful and at the same time dangerous. In the depths of the sea, many predators hide, and it is not limited to sharks alone. Some marine inhabitants can enter a poison that paralyzes a person.
- Problems with the work of equipment – one of the most dangerous troubles, which can lie in wait for a diver at depth. If help does not come on time, death can not be avoided.
- Barotrauma – surfacing to the surface is a fairly complex process. At this time, you can not hold your breath, and also fill the lungs with plenty of air. Otherwise, the lung tissue can tear and damage the blood vessels. Differential pressure is a serious danger to the body. That’s how smoothly we came to the top three of the most dangerous sports of our TOP-10.
3rd place – cave diving
If you still think diving is a safe sport, then with cave diving, the situation is completely different. Athletes do not just dive into the water, but make trips to caves, in which a lot of dangers may lurk.
Here are some of them:
- A lot of predators live in the caves, and they will not be happy with the uninvited guests.
- Failures with equipment can lead to death.
- If the diver is stuck or lost, the risks of death increase dramatically.
2nd place – heliski
Not every person has even heard this word, not to mention getting to know this sport. Of course, only bold people can do it, which can demonstrate outstanding skills in skiing. First the athletes get into the helicopter, which delivers them to the mountain top. Note that none of the athletes are familiar with the surface on which they will move.
As a result, it is impossible to predict. What surprises await them under the snow. Do not forget about the possibility of avalanches, which can not be saved in the mountains. In fuller it is possible that athletes will face an absolutely impassable terrain and for survival it is necessary to seek a way out.
1st place – base jumping
Meet the leader of the TOP-10 of the most dangerous sports – base jumping. This word should be understood as jumping from ground objects. It can be a mountain, a bridge, a skyscraper, etc. One of the main dangerous factors is the opening time of the parachute. If this is done late, the athlete will die. In addition, there is a great risk of entanglement in the lines and in this case the outcome is death. Also, remember that the athlete after the jump is forced to stay near the object. You probably already understood that the possibility of a collision is great, the outcome of which is not difficult to predict.