Sport is not something new, it has been played for over a very long time, and it has its long history. Sports have been gaining quite a level of popularity all over the world and with the coming of technology; it has gained a whole new level of popularity. The majority of the population all over watch the matches of various sports via television, online streaming and live matches with so much excitement. So for the year of 2017, the top trending sports which are most loved by many are:
- Soccer- Soccer which was first played in the year 1863 has been loved by many since then and is a favourite sport to billions of people all over the world. This sport is the most played sport all over the world. The FIFA is the highest form of administering body of the sport, and some of the most famous and important international and continental tournaments held for soccer includes Soccer World Cup which is held by FIFA, Olympic Games and the Confederations Cup.
- Cricket- Cricket was first played in the 15th century in South East England, and it did gain early popularity in Australia, India, Pakistan, the UK and South Africa. Now, it is rising in popularity in several other countries all over the world. The International Cricket Council is the top global governing body of the sport. The ICC Cricket World Cup, ICC Champions Trophy, T20 World Cup, the Ashes series are some of the most important tournaments in the world of Cricket.
- Tennis- Tennis as a sport has been around for so long now and it is one of the top individual sports played all over the world. Tennis is played by a high number of people as a recreational sport as well. There are some tournaments held for tennis, and some of the most important tournaments in the world of Tennis are the Wimbledon Championships, the French Open, the Australian Open and the US Open. The body that administers the game is the International Tennis Federation.
- Field hockey- The game can be dated back to as early as the middle ages in England, France, Scotland and Netherlands. Although this sport has been played for a long period, it is still maintaining its popularity. The International Hockey Federation is its highest governing body and the biggest tournaments in this sport are the Olympic Games and Hockey World Cup.
- Table tennis- First played in the 1880s, compared to the other games above, table tennis as a sport is relatively new, but it has captured the interest of people all over the world now. The highest governing body in this sport is the International Table Tennis Federation. The rules are not very complex similarly with its equipment. The game is fast paced, and it requires the players to have quick reactions and reflexes. The top biggest major professional table tennis tournaments are the Olympic Games and the World Championships.